Weight – Rainfly Kit: 2.6 lbs. // 1.18 kg
Weight – w/ Burrow 4.5 lbs. // 2.0 kg
Center Height: 33” // 84 cm
Fly Material: 70D Hybri-lite Ripstop
Pole Material: Aluminum
Packed Dimensions: 13” x 6” x 6” // 33cm x 15cm x 15cm
Protected by the Catoma Lifetime Warranty
98601-SYS – Wolverine EBNS (w/ Burrow) – Coyote
98694 – Wolverine EBNS (w/ Burrow) – Woodland Camo – Contact for Purchasing Options
98631-SYS – Wolverine EBNS (w/ Burrow)- Multicam – Contact for Purchasing Options
NSN: 3740-01-546-4354 – Wolverine EBNS Coyote Brown – Import or Berry
NSN: 3740-01-547-4426 – Wolverine EBNS Woodland Camo – Import or Berry
Submit your review
As a tour company, we use a myriad of commercial grade equipment for the execution of our tours. After reviewing and using many tents in the past (Arc’Teryx, Marmot, North Face, Big Agnes, etc.), we have settled on the EBNS Coyote Brown as our core, individual use tent. The fast setup, durable construction and subdued color are ideal for our use as well as our clients.
I personally use this tent as well and have used it in Australia and as recently in the US for a 48 day horse tour scouting evolution finishing last week: http://www.riverspilot.com/River-Pilot-Fall-2011-Horse-Scouting-Evolution-n110
The current tent has been in my possession since approximately April 2009 after being shipped to me in Perth and was used for 3 months in daily use. After one year of storage it was brought back into use starting in May 17, 2011 and has been used daily until November 15, 2011. For 4 months it was static, out in the elements and used as a primary shelter. Then for 48 days it was used as the primary shelter being moved, deployed, taken down, and re—deployed daily. During that evolution the tent developed a small tear in the fly. The Easton pole also developed a crack, similar in location to where the first pole years ago failed, along it’s edge.
However, all in all this tent has performed flawlessly. It’s used in wet, cold and hot conditions and has yet to not keep me at least safe and reasonably dry at minimum. Given that this current tent has an accumulation of at least 1 year of daily use, that is a wonderful achievement by MMI/Catoma.
Below you will find our findings and field tested, minor improvement recommendations. Some pictures have been included.
1. The rain fly has a tear in it. The sun seems to have weakened the fly.
2. The Easton pole has developed a crack in the same place as before on the NON Easton pole that was originally delivered in the very first, foreign made tent.
3. The Shock Cord in the Easton tent pole is starting to be less “springy” over time and in wet conditions.
4. The tent floor and mosquito net have developed small tears. This comes from storing the tent poles and tent stakes in one package, directly touching each other. That allows friction of the two products which develops rub tears.
1. The tents fiberglass supporting rod has not cracked and the black, square, screw connector for the fiberglass rods hasn’t needed to be tightened or replaced as before.
2. In driving rains, the much used tent remained waterproof. The fly seam lamination appears to stay where it was applied.
Summary – Overall a fantastic tent. Small, lightweight, durable, with a low visibility signature.
Thanks for your assistance and feel free to contact me as necessary.
River Pilot Tours
PO Box 38
Oakland, OR. 97462
T (01) 307-222-6347
F (01) 307-222-6347
Kevin (verified owner) –
Very satisfied with the quality and durability of the tent. Set up is as fast and easy. Very versatile as I use it in field ops as well as camping trips. Very happy that I purchased this tent highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tent.
Cole G. (verified owner) –
This tent is super sleek. I’ve had a great experience with this tent. I’m a big fan of the combined bug net and water proof system. It’s easy to set up. I use it with my unit and it’s been a great investment. Height profile is another thing I like. It’s not too high given that it has the self held up poles. All in all very happy
Ben B. (verified owner) –
Great product for solo trips