Weight: 9.85 lbs. // 4.47 kg
Center Height: 59” // 132 cm
Floor Material: 70D Hybri-lite Ripstop
Fly Material: Polyester Taffeta
Pole Material: Fiberglass frame poles, Fiberglass fly pole
Packed Dimensions: 30” x 7” x 7” // 76cm x 18cm x 18cm
Number of Stakes: (8) X3 9-inch composite stakes
Protected by the Catoma Lifetime Warranty
98605 – Raven SpeeDome Shelter
• Reversible rainfly Included
• Rapid deployable SpeeDome frame system
• Tough ripstop nylon tub floor
• Compatible with most full air mattresses
Submit your review
I just returned from a camping trip where the screen door zipper had failed on my Catoma Raven tent. I've owned the tent for a couple of years and no longer have the purchase receipt. I contacted them two days ago to express my disappointment, not really expecting anything in return.
Well what a pleasant surprise. Eric from MMI (Catoma) promptly contacted me, expressed his concern about my issue, and told me that the tent was covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Shortly after that, I received an email from Bryan stating that they would be sending me a new replacement tent. No proof of purchase or return of the damaged tent required; just a company standing behind their product without question. So rare these days.
I have had my Raven Speedome for 8 years and highly recommend this excellent, high-quality tent. I'm 57 and have been camping all over the world since I was a kid, from winter camping in Wisconsin to jungle camping in Brazil to perpetual-rain camping in England.
I've had most of the big name, high-end tent brands, but this is my favorite tent and is now my only tent. If it ever dies (which I doubt), I'll get another Catoma Speedome immediately. Here are some of the features I love:
- The reflective material on the fly keeps the interior temperature cooler than the outdoors in hot weather; the opposite of most tents.
- Takes 1-2 minutes max to set up and take down, and there's nothing to get lost. If it's pouring rain and I'm car camping, I take it down and throw it in the back seat, then--at home--spend 1 minute setting it back up in the garage to dry before packing it.
- Its freestanding design means I can set it up and then lift it and carry it a few yards to a different location, including spinning it around to face the door a different way. Stakes are optional in non-windy weather.
- I've camped with it many times in pouring rain, and never a drop of water inside the tent.
- High quality zippers, internal poles, fly-screens, etc. Never a moment of trouble with any of them.
- One of my favorite parts is that I can stand up (head bent down) and get dressed right in the tent. No trying to pull on jeans while lying down on the floor like most tents.
The only "con" I can think of is that it is too heavy to use for backpack, bicycle or motorcycle camping. It's not intended for that. It's perfect for car camping or canoe/small boat camping.
My husband and I are doing a 340 mile canoe race this July (3.5 days) and our ground crew will be carrying the Raven to meet us at each stop. Not to sleep in, but so my husband and I can run in there to wash off and change into dry clothes for the next leg of the race. Because of the ease of set-up and take-down, and the height of the tent, this tent will make the perfect 10-minute private changing room and will also be great for naps. Try getting a ground crew to set up any other sort of tent multiple times a day without grumbling. But the Speedome is a breeze!
This is my 38th year working wildland fires. It is very tiring but very very rewarding work. Definitely the type of work that makes you grateful for any comfort.
I have used Catoma Speedome tents most of those years. Several things I like about the speedome tent are; the ease of setup and takedown, the room they give me and all my gear, and how long they last. They offer comfort and a good place to rest after some very long days.
Time has caught up with me and I don't have many years left in wildland fire work but one thing I have learned from this type of work is to appreciate a good quality product like my speedome tent.
RAY (verified owner) –
Easy set-up – great user factors.